We are looking for a Senior Game Programmer to join our successful Slingshot Studio in Espoo, Finland.
Rovio’s Slingshot Studio is the place where wildly successful games such as Angry Birds and Angry Birds Friends are hatched. Our games have been downloaded billions of times, and are played by millions of highly engaged players worldwide. As we develop the next big Angry Birds game to take the world by storm, we seek to build and inspire talented teams to craft the best games for our players.
What you’ll take under your wings:
- Help develop the technical capabilities of the studio
- Lead the game client development from prototype to shipped game and beyond
- Design overall game architecture
- Design, implement and test game features together with other game programmers in the team
- Work together with server programmers to ensure seamless integration with backend
- Optimize the game to run smoothly on mobile platforms
- Participate in prototyping new game concepts
- Work as a team with other developers, designers and artists
- Work as a team lead for our studio’s talented programmers and help recruit new talents.
We’d love you to have these feathers in your cap:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience developing and releasing mobile games
- Proven experience using Unity
- Proficiency in several of the following: C++, C#, Java, Objective-C.
- Advanced experience in core engine development, graphics, networking, gameplay and tool development.
- Knowledge of the build pipeline, game server and processes needed to make a game.
- Good understanding of software architectures and design patterns
- Good understanding for security (client, server, network)
- A genuine interest in F2P and mobile games, as well as the wider world of gaming
- Proficiency in Python, SQL is a plus
- Fluent in English
We’re looking for team members who bring their own creative vision to everything they do. If that describes you, this is a great opportunity to work in a fun and creative environment with skilled co-workers, contribute to one of the most recognized brands in the world, and expose your work to a global audience.
Slingshot your application over now - we look forward to hearing from you!