Senior Google Cloud DevOps Engineer
King is looking for an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer to join our new Cloud Engineering team which will enable the business to migrate workloads to Google Cloud Platform. As this is a new role within King you will have a lot of flexibility to engineer a best-in-class architecture from the ground up. If you enjoy working with really large amounts of data and solving big challenges using innovative, state-of-the-art solutions then this is the role for you.
Your role within our Kingdom
* Architect and build the environment needed for our teams to securely use all of the capabilities of Google Cloud Platform.
* Assist in migration efforts from our existing data centers to Google Cloud Platform.
* Be a subject matter expert on public cloud and a trusted advisor to internal teams.
* Help build out internal best practises around public cloud usage and enablement.
* Support teams in planning their migrations to the cloud, as well as ensuring we manage cost effectively.
* Optimize applications and services for Google Cloud Platform, with a focus on cloud-native architectures.
Skills to create thrills
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience with any of the following: distributed compute environments, application development, mobile development, big data analytics, cloud computing including containerization, virtualization, hosted services, multi-tenant cloud infrastructures, object storage systems and content delivery networks.
* Google Cloud Platform certification (GCP - Cloud Architect - for example)
* Familiarity with cloud-native architectures
* Working knowledge of container technologies (such as Kubernetes, Docker), services, and API models (like Swagger, OpenAPI)
* Hands-on experience with cloud storage solutions, SQL/NoSQL datastores, and/or distributed computing technology (like MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, Hadoop, Redis, Elasticsearch/Solr)
* Experience with scalable networking technologies (such as load balancers, firewalls) and web standards (like as REST APIs, web security mechanisms).
* Hands on experience with Forseti an added benefit.
* Hands-on experience in big data, information retrieval, data mining and/or machine learning as well as experiences in building multi-tier high-availability applications with modern web technologies (eg, Hadoop, Splunk, NoSQL, MongoDB, Spark, ELK, TensorFlow).
* Experience of migrating workloads to BigQuery, Cloud Dataproc and/or Cloud Dataflow
* Experience architecting secure environments within Google Cloud Platform.
* Previous experience in migrating large numbers of workloads to the cloud will be advantageous.
* Experience of Continuous Integration using Jenkins, Go, Travis, CircleCi or similar.
* Knowledge of monitoring systems and frameworks (Stackdriver, Prometheus, Graphite, etc)
* Experience dealing with hybrid environments with multiple dependencies
* Strong Linux expertise beneficial.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.