Job Description Job Purpose
Provide constant support to their assigned development cell and to production as a whole by ensuring all changes submitted to the game are functional and to the expected quality level.
- Understand that his/her role as part of the team is to optimise the quality of the game;
- Find and report bugs in a clear and concise manner;
- Perform regular regression to validate that bugs are fixed;
- Execute all test cases as defined by the lead, respecting fixed productivity and quality targets;
- Validate new content, features and fixes from the development team for both quality and functionality before those changes are submitted to the game;
- Track bugs entered in the database (Jira) by external testing team and manage the assignment of those bugs respecting Ubisoftâ€™s internal priority system;
- Proactively give feedback on the significance of the bugs encountered, the status of the build and your perception of the gameâ€™s quality;
- Work autonomously, prioritising work in accordance with the projectâ€™s needs;
- Support the development, production and marketing teams according to specific requests;
- Assure the quality of production tools before they are shared with the development teams;
- Complete smoke tests on specific versions before they are sent to Functional QA;
- Maintain good communications and productive collaboration with all QA team members and the development team;
- Collaborate with the Functionality QA teams for the duration of development;
- Constantly communicate issues encountered to team members and developers;
- Determine test needs with development teams, Associate Producers and Production Coordinators;
- Work closely with the Lead QA/Associate Lead QA to create and complete test plans and draft reports.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of video games industry and common terms of reference;
- Knowledge of the Windows environment;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet short deadlines;
- Knowledge of scrum is an asset;
- Knowledge of console operations is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills are essential to the role.
- Relevant experience as a tester in a video game company ideally as an embedded tester;
- Preferably having shipped at least one title in a QA capacity.
Opening Date: 20th December 2017
Closing Date: 19th January 2018
Salary : Competitive plus Relocation