We're looking for an Animator to join a new team at Splash Damage and help bring our characters to life. As Animator at Splash Damage you will be responsible for working with the team to conceive, prototype, and implement exciting gameplay features, and collaborate with the Art and Creative Directors to drive for high and consistent quality across the game.
- Collaborate with Art and Design Directors to create a technically sound, engaging and memorable game
- Working with programmers, artists and designers to implement of animations into the game
- Testing, reviewing and iterating upon animations to tune them to the highest quality
- Demonstrate strong key frame animation ability paying particular attention to making sure animations support the fast-paced nature of the game
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience using 3D animation software, particularly 3DS Max/Character Studio
- A passion for making and playing multiplayer games, especially first and third person shooters
- Demonstrable ability creating both realistic and stylised human animations as well as mechanical animations such as weapons
- The desire to collaborate with game designers, programmers and artists
- Good working knowledge of game development workflows, engines (e.g. Unreal), processes and tools
- Understanding of character preparation from modelling, rigging and skinning
- A keen motive to be proactive and efficient in work methods whilst maintaining high standards
- A great team player, able to communicate, learn from and teach others in a respectable manner.
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem solving skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Professional experience in the videogames industry with at least 1 commercially released title
- Some experience of working on mods or independent game projects
- Experience with technical animation - rigging/skinning and problem solving
- Cinematic and Facial animation experience
<h4>PERKS & BENEFITS</h4>
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.