Implement key vehicle systems with respect to the creative direction and technical constraints of the project.
Lead Game Designer
• Responsible for implementing approved designs within the vehicle editor;
• Create and maintain game design documents as required;
• Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work;
• Collaborate with the user research lab and QC teams in regards to playtests of prototypes and implement feedback into work;
• Understand best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
• Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the competition of day to day tasks and track progress using the designated tools;
• Contribute to the handling, gameplay, and mechanics setup;
• Prioritise and meet deadlines, document and communicate progress, participate in design meetings;
• Assist the Lead Game Designer in any other ad hoc duties as required.
Skills and Knowledge
• Passion, knowledge and a strong interest in a wide range of video games, especially driving genre;
• An active interest in real world vehicles and motorsports, and the behaviour and performance of vehicles;
• Ability to translate vehicle performance designs into practical computer simulation implementations;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
• Familiarity with data management software (such as perforce);
• Demonstrated ability to effectively document original ideas and concepts;
• Task driven, good time management and problem-solving skills, as well as strong analysis and communication.
• Bachelor's degree in games design or other relevant training;
Opening Date: 13th December 2017
Closing Date: 12th January 2018
Salary: Competitive plus Relocation