Reflections, a Ubisoft studio is a video games development company based in Newcastle, UK. Collaborating with Ubisoft's international creative teams on projects such as Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, online open-world RPG "The Division" as well as the adventure platformer "Grow Home". With a host of other top titles to our name such as open-world action adventure 'Watch Dogs', MMO racer "The Crew" and the latest instalment in the world's No.1 dance game franchise 'Just Dance 2015' Reflections' objective is to combine technical expertise, flair and innovation to create and contribute to successful and memorable games. We are looking for Pioneering, Obsessive Humans to cement its reputation as an industry leading studio within the UK and the world.
Responsible for leading the Studio Tool and Automation teams working on Tools and Build Systems in a collaborative multidiscipline environment. Defining and tracking the schedule for their team, managing individuals and being an evangelist for cross-project tools.
Technology Director or P&I Director
Tool and Build Engineers
• Mentor, manage and regularly review individuals to build a cohesive and effective team;
• Develop performance and expertise within their team while furthering their own knowledge and expertise;
• Act as a hiring manager to recruit highly skilled talents for their team and the studio;
• Manage individual team member performance and development;
• Work with multiple discipline leads to create task estimates and schedules for the Tools and Automation team and track development efforts across the team;
• Determine the technical needs and requirements for the team;
• Liaise with other internal technology teams;
• Balance active tool development with management responsibilities of a lead;
• Ensure the timely delivery of practical solutions by the team in support of production;
• Ensure engineers work is well designed both in code and for the user by leading regular design and code reviews;
• Define good practices and coding standards with the team, and ensure they are followed;
• Ensure the creation of technical and user documentation for the Productivity and Infrastructure team;
• Continually review development processes to identify potential improvements;
• An advocate and ambassador for our tools and technology throughout Ubisoft;
• Supporting their manager in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
• Strong leadership, team and people management skills;
• Excellent C#/C++ programming skills, with excellent knowledge of object oriented development;
• Experience with programming Tools;
• Knowledge of UI Frameworks such as the WPF Framework;
• Familiarity with common scheduling, task and issue tracking tools - MS Project, Jira, etc.
• Able to create, manage and track schedules for a team of engineers;
• Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Experience working with Build Systems and automated delivery;
• Excellent knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind;
• Proven ability to analyse unfamiliar code of a significant complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module;
• In-depth knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile, etc.
• Proven ability to debug defects of a significant complexity, including memory related issues, multi-threading, and assembly level debugging.
• Passionate about playing and making games, and has a good knowledge of the games industry in general;
• Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce;
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience;
• 6 years of commercial software development experience with at least 1 project at senior level.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K
Opening date: 22nd December 2017
Closing date for applications: 21st January 2018
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.