About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Backend Engineers at Splash Damage are responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the online services that power our award winning live-service multiplayer games.
As a backend engineer on our new unannounced title you will work within game feature teams, collaborating closely with other disciplines such as design, gameplay and UI, to create online services to drive game features such as matchmaking, purchasing, inventories, presence and much more. With a strong focus on scalability and performance, you will be responsible for owning the implementation of key tasks and features within our cloud-based online services infrastructure.
You excel at:
- Taking ownership of features and autonomously driving them to completion.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving and highly-focused team.
- Breaking down your work into measurable and achievable tasks.
- Writing clear, maintainable and portable code.
- Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Strong proficiency in C# and/or modern C++ (C++11 and onwards).
- Strong practical knowledge of distributed services.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
- The people skills to work collaboratively within a team.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with technologies such as .NET Core and Orleans.
- Knowledge of Linux systems.
- Experience with cloud deployment services such as AWS.
- Familiarity with developing web services.
- Experience with web development methodologies.