Big Data Platform Engineer
The Data Analytics organisation at King - split across Barcelona, London and Stockholm - is responsible for processing the billions of rows of data we receive each day from games such as Candy Crush Saga. The DA Core Data Platform team within Data Analytics operates our data warehouse, including a 14Pb Hadoop cluster, 64 node Exasol MPP, ETL processes and reporting systems that we use to drive all of King's data and analytics needs.
You will help to support and develop King's core data warehouse, which is used to provide processed data to many different parts of the business, including all our game studios worldwide, corporate functions like Finance and Marketing, and the King Leadership Team - working in close collaboration with your international colleagues in our ever-expanding, multi-location team.
Your role within our Kingdom
* Support, develop and scale our infrastructure (Hadoop plus Exasol MPP Database)
* Develop smart solutions to ingest high-data volumes around the clock
* Provide a high-availability data platform service to the whole of King
* Engineer tools to automate data platform administration
* With your DA Core teammates, own and deliver against our operational SLA
* Own one of many projects to expand the capacity and performance of our stack
* Help design and develop our non-production environment (NPE) infrastructure
* Investigate and migrate ETL processes to Cloud-based platforms
Skills to create thrills
* Good knowledge of at least one UNIX/Linux scripting language
* Have developed ETL processes to load and process large datasets
* Good working knowledge of databases
* Comfortable writing and tuning SQL queries
* Have worked with large datasets
* Previous experience of big data systems - including tech like Hadoop, Hive, Spark/Spark SQL, Impala, Presto and Flink
* Cloud computing technologies such as Amazon AWS/Google Cloud Platform. Super bonus points for having worked in a hybrid-cloud environment
* Knowledge of other data-related tech - eg Kafka, Mondrian and Kylin, and/or streaming data frameworks like Storm and Spark Streaming
* Have experience with in-memory/column-oriented analytics databases - eg, EXASOL, Vertica, SAP HANA and VoltDB
* Knowledge of other programming languages, like Java
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.