We're looking for a Level Designer to deliver world-leading mobile casual games.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you want to contribute to creating an amazing experience for millions of players to enjoy on the go then this is the right job for you!
As part of the London design team, you will be creating well-balanced, consistent and thrilling levels based on our games' basic rules as well as support the delivery of the games' core vision. Ultimately, you will ensure our games are fun to play!
* Actively contribute to creative discussions surrounding feature reviews and new features
* Create, assess, re-balance and tune new and existing levels
* Analyse feedback and metrics, and adjust level design accordingly
* Work with designers and producers to ensure level consistency across our games
* Ability to think laterally and add a new dimension to gameplay
* Ability to blend creativity with methodical testing and balancing
* Remain up-to-date with Level and Game Design literature and best practices to continue contributing to the studio's Level Design expertise
Skills to create thrills
You have great passion for games, understand the casual market and know how to think out of the box. And, of course, you'll need to know what makes a good game.
* Experience and/or knowledge of level design for casual games
* Solid understanding of game balancing and pacing
* Experience working within a game production team and/or knowledge of game production best practices
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in London
Based in bustling Soho, the cultural heart of the West End, our London studio occupies all four floors of the landmark Ampersand building. Regent's Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Covent Garden and the shopping mecca Oxford Street. Non-Brits will soon discover it's no urban myth; there really is a pub on every corner.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.