Purpose of the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an animator to work within our highly talented and experienced animation team. You will be creating animation assets for our games under the guidance of your director and the support of other industry veterans.
Our catalogue of games covers a wide range of requirements to fit different animation targets and art styles. We have proud history of great character animation, ranging from heavily stylised to realistic behaviours, across both cinematic sequences and realtime motion.
Fantastic animation will play a huge part in our future success, with games such as Jurassic World Evolution leading the way. Your passion for animation will be pivotal to delivering the quality that we strive for in all our games.
- Taking direction from the lead animator and art director to create animation that is consistent with the game's visual design
- Taking an animation all the way from creation to the game engine, using our in-house tools
- Carrying out supporting animation tasks to ensure a clean representation of our team's animations in the game engine
- A confident and creative approach to your animation, able to make interesting acting choices and execute them effectively.
- An eye for animation principals and detail, helping to bring smooth, dynamic and reactive animations to our game.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- A willingness to confidently take on feedback from your peers in order to develop yourself as an animator
Qualifications & Experience
- An animation showreel that demonstrates a strong understanding of animation principals and character acting
- Professional experience using a 3d animation package (Maya, 3ds max, Blender, XSI etc.)
- A showreel that demonstrates a combination of strong quadruped and creature work as well as strong biped work
- Knowledge of Autodesk Maya
- Knowledge of game pipelines