Senior Java Developer (6 month contract)
We are looking for a passionate and talented Senior Backend Developer to create technology to to support key business initiatives. We are seeking enthusiastic, intelligent, and fun individuals to join our team, and in return, we can offer you a fun and friendly environment working on the shared technology to support our world-leading game franchises.
Your role within our Kingdom
As a Senior Backend Developer, you are happy to embrace our DevOps methodology: you promote your code to our production systems and look after it while in production. Together with your colleagues you will take a lead on creating and maintaining the back end of our systems and services. A Senior Backend Developer is expected to:
* Design, architect and implement server features required to support business
* Ensure high performance, reliability, scalability and security of our systems
* Deliver code (and supporting documentation) of the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and system testing on a timely basis
* Share knowledge and help colleagues both inside and outside of your team.
Skills to create thrills
You have a strong passion for building backend technologies in a Java based environment. You're an excellent communicator, happy to work with people from several different business units. You can translate business needs into technical requirements and implementation. You're excited about doing what's best for the team, and adaptable enough to work on different things as projects evolve.
Other skills include:
* Strong experience with Java, databases and caching
* Testing frameworks and integration tests
* Care for code quality
* UNIX environments, bash and git
* Knowledgeable about web protocols, application servers and web servers
* Docker/container environment
* Experience with Gradle and build tools
* Modern web client development frameworks, eg: AngularJS, ReactJS
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.