The team behind the multi-award-winning ALIEN: Isolation, fresh from developing Halo Wars 2 with Microsoft and 343industries, are looking for more world-class talent to join the team.
This is a great opportunity for a talented engineer to join a team making cutting edge technology. As a Game Engine Programmer, you will be an essential part of the team and will work on developing our in-house, multi-platform, engine built using C++. Your mission is to create the underlying systems that are the foundation of the game engine.
The role is to provide engine systems which are used by the entire development team. These systems must be robust, easy to use and performant across all platforms. You should be comfortable talking to all disciplines, working with them to architect, maintain and support the systems that are at the heart of the next generation of gaming tech.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Fluent in C++ programming
- An excellent academic background in computer science, maths or engineering
- Being able to work well with other disciplines
- Attention to detail and a passion for making quality products
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written
- A good knowledge of the latest innovations in C++
- Experience with multi-platform development
- Experience with parallel programming
- Experience using middleware such as Havok and WWise
- Detailed understanding of Xbox and PS4 architectures
- A passion for games
- Experience of delivery of a Game as a Service
We are Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria.
We have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years - from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team - creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.