Purpose of the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an animator to work within our highly talented and experienced animation team. You will be creating animation assets for our games under the guidance of your director and the support of other industry veterans.
Our catalogue of games covers a wide range of requirements to fit different animation targets and art styles. We have proud history of great character animation, ranging from heavily stylised to realistic behaviours, across both cinematic sequences and realtime motion.
Fantastic animation will play a huge part in our future success, with games such as Jurassic World Evolution leading the way. Your passion for animation will be pivotal to delivering the quality that we strive for in all our games.
- Taking direction from the lead animator and art director to create animation that is consistent with the game's visual design
- Taking ownership over the animation demands of an entire game feature, from design to implementation
- Taking an animation all the way from creation to the game engine, using our in-house tools
- Carrying out supporting animation tasks to ensure a clean representation of our team's animations in the game engine
- Able to mentor and help develop junior members of the team
- A confident and creative approach to your animation, able to make interesting acting choices and execute them effectively.
- An eye for animation principals and detail, helping to bring smooth, dynamic and reactive animations to our game.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- A willingness to confidently give and receive feedback to develop yourself as well as your peers
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience working as a professional games animator on at least one AAA game in a Senior position
- Working knowledge of videogame pipelines
- An animation showreel that demonstrates an excellent understanding of animation principals, strong character acting skills and experience animating creatures as well as bipeds
- Professional experience using a 3d animation package (Maya, 3ds max, Blender, XSI etc.
- Experience working with an animation behaviour tree software (Havoc Behaviour, Unity Mechanim, Unreal State Machines etc.)
- Knowledge of Autodesk Maya