Division: Arkane Studios - Texas | Department: Design | Location: Austin , TX, US
Arkane Studios is seeking a highly skilled Combat Designer who will work with the development team in the creation and maintenance of the core combat mechanics and player weapons. The Combat Designer will be responsible for overall balance, bug fixing and improvements to all combat in the game.
- Design and oversee the creation and systems for combat mechanics and player weapons.
- Ensure weapons exhibit a believable and enjoyable experience for the player; the “feel.”
- Balance weapons and their attribute progression across the length of the game.
- Work with AI systems team to create compelling player/enemy engagements and behaviors.
- Adhere to guidelines and restrictions for gameplay with the design team and Creative Director.
- Must maintain clear and concise documentation for all balance and combat mechanics they are responsible for.
- Maintain and iterate on various systems.
- Work with the design team and Creative Director to implement any changes necessary based on feedback, and be responsive and amenable to such changes as content relates to the bigger picture.
- Minimum 3+ years game design experience on a shipped or live product.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to think logically, with a strong focus on attention to detail.
- Experience designing for both a casual and competitive audience.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Must maintain clear and concise documentation for all systems.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work well with other disciplines.
How to Apply