Be part of Gameforge's Digital Distribution Platform Development Team and help bringing high quality PC games to our customers. As Senior Project Manager you will be responsible for one or more gaming projects at Gameforge, a large online service-based game publisher. In addition, the Senior Project Manager role will mentor Project Managers and Junior Project Managers. This role resides in the Technical Division; however, as successful candidate you will have broad authority and responsibility across the company.
You are a highly organized and experienced individual with outstanding communication skills, proven leadership, and Senior Level Project Management experience in a large, multi-project company? So you are the ideal candidate. Furthermore you must have a clear track record of collaborating & cooperating with management stakeholders, individual contributors and subject matter experts to help lead our future efforts to streamline processIn addition, as ideal candidate you will have proven experience with change management and process management Responsibilities.
Tasks to inspire:
• Coordinate internal resources for the flawless execution of projects or daily business operation of assigned products including successful integration of projects and products into all Gameforge systems and operation of assigned games over the full product Lifecycle from "Signature" to "Shutdown"
• Developing project scopes and objectives together with Portfolio Management and all other relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Planning and coordination the execution of repeating operational product topics
• Reporting of project status, project plans, roadmaps and milestone updates and escalate to management as needed
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks
• Establish and maintain relationships and expectations with internal department leaders and external partners
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and contribute to the best practice databases
• Close working collaboration with assigned project team and partners from external development studios
• Mentoring of less experienced Project Managers
• Organize and conduct workshops in professional matters for the Project Management team
• Traveling to our partner studios for external workshops or collaboration improvements
Please send us your application documents in English.
Qualifications to convince:
• A minimum of 5-7 years in Project Management leadership in software development organizations with an increasing level of responsibility and track record of delivering high quality results
• Experience with or certification in classical and agile project management, Kanban and SCRUM
• Experience with Atlassian products including Confluence and Jira a plus
• Strong leadership skills & experience and exhibited ability to coach, mentor and inspire employees at all levels
• Outstanding communication, project management, and relationship- building and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment and manage multiple complex projects with various groups
• Results oriented mindset while remaining able to be flexible and open-minded to new ideas
• Capability to remain comfortable and calm in a dynamic, fast-changing environment
• Demonstrated passion for online computer games and self-motivation for furthering a prosperous career in the F2P and/or online games industry
• Bachelor's degree in business or computer science or equivalent work experience
• Proficiency in English, written and oral is required & German, written and oral a plus
• Direct experience in game development projects is preferred
A company to connect:
• An extensive on-boarding program with personal mentor
• The informality of a start-up combined with 10 years' experience in the industry
• A challenging working environment offering opportunities for personal development and for contributing ideas
• The chance to mould your own working environment
• Benefit from colleagues with many years' experience in the industry
With more than 20 titles and over 450 million registered players, Gameforge is the leading provider of free-to-play massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) in the western hemisphere. Headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany, the group offers its games in more than 75 countries. Their portfolio includes a bundle of established gaming industry brands, including client-based titles such as award-winning role-playing game AION Free-to-Play and TERA as well as Europe's most successful MMO, Metin2. In future, the varied offering will be expanded by action-rich Anime MMORPG SoulWorker; Popular browser-based games such as OGame and Ikariam complete their offering. More information available at http://corporate.gameforge.com/ .