About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for a talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Members of the Gameplay programming team at Splash Damage are responsible for implementing new and exciting gameplay features within a multiplayer environment. We work closely with other disciplines to help them realise their ideas through rapid prototyping and iterative agile development.
As a Senior Gameplay Programmer, you will use your advanced knowledge and experience to own the technical design and implementation of large-scale game features. Through mentoring and championing of best practices, you will provide day-to-day support for more junior members of the team whilst effectively managing your own time and workload through delegation. You will help drive the project forward by working with your discipline lead to plan and maintain roadmaps.
We believe that constantly improving our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular leadership, management and mentoring training opportunities.
You excel at
- Working with members of multiple disciplines to effectively elicit requirements and translate them into technical designs
- Working with the various content generation teams to make great-looking and fun games
- Working with Production to time plan and maintain roadmaps
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments
- Having a passion to create new game-related features
- Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving and highly-focused team
- Writing clear, maintainable and portable code
- Significant professional game development experience
- At least one shipped title
- Experienced and proficient in C++
- Professional development experience on real-time networked multiplayer games
- Ability to write clear, maintainable and portable code
- Ability to analyse performance and optimise code for CPU, memory and bandwidth usage
- Ability to estimate work complexity and time costs
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of game-development related mathematics
- Knowledge of technical documentation and testing
Even better if you have
- Experience with Python programming
- Experience with multi-threaded development
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics related field
- Experience working in small focused teams