About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. In the last year, we've launched our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb on PC and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition on Xbox One. We're now working on several high-profile projects on PC and console and are looking for talented programmers to help make them great.
As a Splash Damage Senior Gameplay Programmer, you will be responsible for implementing new and exciting gameplay features within a multiplayer environment. You will be required to effectively manage your own time and workload, support more junior members of the team and enforce good development practices.
You will primarily be working with the Design team, helping them to realise their ideas through rapid prototyping and iterative agile development. You will also work closely with the AI Programmers to coordinate gameplay and AI requirements as well as the Audio teams, hooking up new gameplay features as required.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Work with the Design Team to define gameplay requirements
- Work with the various content generation teams to make great-looking and fun games
- Work with Production to time plan and maintain roadmaps
- Have a passion to create new game-related features
Required Skills and Experience
- Significant professional game development experience
- At least one shipped title
- Experienced and proficient in C++
- Professional development experience on real-time networked multiplayer games
- Ability to write clear, maintainable and portable code
- Ability to analyse performance and optimise code for CPU, memory and bandwidth usage
- Ability to estimate work complexity and time costs
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of game-development related mathematics
- Knowledge of technical documentation and testing
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with Python programming
- Experience with multi-threaded development
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics related field
- Experience working in small focused teams
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.