About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are looking for a talented Character Artist to help us build stunning and inspiring characters for upcoming titles.
Working closely with Art leads and you'll be responsible for sculpting hi-res realistic characters and help to bring them to life. You'll assist with establishing our workflows and help drive improvements in our character art pipeline. You will maintain a consistently high standard with your work and be capable of taking a character from sculpt through to in game setup.
- Sculpt and create highly realistic characters and creatures for games
- Realise the character with in game and cinematic meshes and textures
- Collaborate with Art and Design leads to create technically sound, engaging and memorable characters
- Maintain quality, efficiency and consistency across your work
Essential Skills and Experience
- Expert level of capability with Zbrush
- Highly experienced working with (PBR) and capable of creating well defined and readable realistic materials
- Highly experienced and proficient with 3D Studio MAX or Maya, Zbrush (and/or Mudbox) and Photoshop
- Strong understanding of anatomy and art fundamentals
- Great working knowledge of real time game engines such as UE4
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of rigging, skinning and animation principles
- Passion for game development
- Demonstrable creativity and ability to present new ideas