About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Backend Engineers at Splash Damage are responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the online services that power our award winning live-service multiplayer games.
As a backend engineer on our ambitious multiplayer PC game set in the Wargaming universe you will work within game feature teams, collaborating closely with other disciplines such as design, gameplay and UI, to create online services to drive game features such as matchmaking, purchasing, inventories, presence and much more. With a strong focus on scalability and performance, you will be responsible for owning the implementation of key backend systems and services.
You excel at
- Designing, implementing and maintaining backend systems and services
- Working in collaboration with client-side programmers and other non technical team members
- Ensuring that features are developed in a scalable and maintainable way
- Writing documentation and unit tests
- Experience with software architecture and code quality
- Good knowledge of modern server architectures and technologies
- Experience or interest in game development
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
Even better if you also have:
- Knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of Python
- Experience with high-load server-side applications
- Experience with large codebases or distributed development
- Knowledge of Linux systems.
Senior positions are also available.