Junior Game Artist
Department: Endemol Shine Gaming
Salary: Dependant on experience.
Who We Are:
Endemol Shine Gaming is a division of Endemol Shine UK. Endemol Shine Group is the
largest independent TV producer in the world. At Endemol Shine Gaming we design and
develop some of the most successful online gambling games in the industry. These games
embrace Endemol Shine’s growing portfolio of successful TV brands (Deal or No Deal, The
Million Pound Drop, Black Mirror) and, more recently, brands acquired from 3rd party
partners (Austin Powers, Dumb & Dumber). We also have free reign to design non-branded
original content for our own gaming platform.
What We Need:
We are looking for a confident digital designer who is happy to dive into existing projects as
well as contribute to new projects from outset through to launch. We are looking for a
budding talent who is willing to learn from colleagues and share knowledge across the studio
and beyond. We want an artist who is passionate about pixel-perfection and is keen to
showcase their talent. In return you’ll be given licence to express your creativity and work as
part of a collective delivering compelling player experiences, having fun while we do it!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented artist to get onto a lucrative and rewarding
career ladder. The role will progress as follows:
Concept Creation: You will be hands on with building the concepts behind the
slot games themselves. This would involve researching and playing games from
our competitors in order to build your understanding of the product and as well as
devising new game ideas, styles and themes that define the way the game is
played and the player’s experience.
Digital Design: As a game artist you will combine art, design and creative skills
to develop on a concept and produce original visual imagery for a wide range of
slot games. This may also extend to bringing these artworks to life through
animation and creating marketing assets for our games upon release.
Art Working: You will be required to work hand in hand with our programmers,
preparing artwork for implementation by the developing team. This would
comprise of artwork exporting, sprite sheet packaging and image compression,
as well as well as clear and concise instructions on how they will be implemented
into our slot games.
● Strong artistic fundamentals, including drawing and digital art working.
● Competent with the Adobe Suite such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
● Basic understanding of asset exporting, compression, game art pipelines, scripting
● Fast learner, prepared to make the jump to a real world, production environment.
● Self-starting attitude
● Broad interest in games, their mechanics and the visual arts.
● Ability to accept feedback and adapt to change.
● Sense of initiative.
● Good interpersonal and communication skills.
● Ability to work as part of a team.
● Originality and resourcefulness in problem solving.
Other Useful Skills:
● Understanding of slot games and game mechanics.
● Creativity beyond the visual arts.
● Interest in 2D animation, using programs such as Adobe After Effects or Spriter.
● Experience in 3D modelling, animation and rendering, using programs such as Maya
and 3DS Max.
● Knowledge in asset exporting and compression using programs such as
● Demonstrable game based personal projects.