Principal UI Artist
King strives to create the best looking mobile games in the industry. To that end, we are looking for a talented and experienced UI artist to help us raise the bar around UI art in particular. This artist will help define cutting edge, forward facing look and feels for the next generation of our games. You'll also help artists in game teams raise game quality by creating shared resources, style guides, and trainings that teams can use on their own.
Your Role Within Our Kingdom
* Work hands on with game teams to create high polish, modern graphic visuals that look and feel great on mobile devices
* Evaluate, conceptualize, and implement game UI for a wide variety
* of genres and styles
* Document and share best practices and style guides to the other UI
* artists and art directors
* Communicate complex information efficiently with clean and intuitive interface
* Utilize player research to help inform design choices and iterate based on feedback
* Create beautiful and friendly graphic elements (icons, buttons, menu layouts) that are technically efficient and easy to implement
* Utilize knowledge of motion principles to create UI animations that both delight and inform players
* Work with other artists, UX designers, producers, and developers to create high quality deliverables that strike a harmonious balance between player and business needs
* Provide constructive critique to game teams around their UI along with concrete recommendations and direct help as needed
* Help teams understand the reasoning for design choices by tieing them back to fundamental interaction/HCI principles
* Create and present work to stakeholders of all levels via high quality presentations
* Assist producers and leadership in the creation of their presentations as needed
* Work closely with other UX directors to help coordinate around global UI/UX initiatives and projects
Skills to Create Thrills
* Worked on the UI art for at least 10 shipped projects with at least 3 in a lead capacity
* Deep knowledge and mastery of industry tools for creating UI art (Adobe Suite in particular)
* Excellent graphic design skills at various levels of fidelity
* Demonstrated mastery in the effective use of color, composition, and typography
* Proven ability to communicate visually, identifying and defining visual design issues and solutions
* Strong understanding of the challenges presented by mobile platforms and the ability to adapt methods and styles accordingly
* Ability to create assets that match existing art styles as well as assisting art directors in the creation of entirely new art styles
* Ability to collaborate with other art specialists such as character, animation, and environment artists
* Excellent interpersonal communication (both written and verbal) Excellent organizational and analytical skills Strong understanding of King's visual style and the vision to take it in new and challenging directions
* Self-motivated and the ability to work with several teams simultaneously
* Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback.
* Able to help other artists in the area of design critique
* Passion for creating charming and lighthearted imagery, and the ability to visualize the user experience in a physical and interactive way via prototypes
* Experience with 3D tools or peripherals such as Maya, 3DS Max, Zbrush, or Mudbox
* Portfolio must illustrate strong UI and graphic design skills, and be easily available for review
* Experience working on casual mobile titles
* Knowledge of, and an interest in free-to- play best-practices
* Experience with Unity (or similar) game engine
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you're from, it's all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That's why we hire all sorts of talent - because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
King in Barcelona
Home to numerous King games studios and our Global Services Centre, our familia in Barcelona is growing ever greater. Come lunchtime, you can enjoy amazing views of the city from our roof terraces. Come night time, the delights of the city will be on your doorstep. Magic really is in the air. After all, Bubble Witch Saga 3, Diamond Digger Saga and Pyramid Solitaire Saga were created here.
Want to join our Kingdom?
Application needs to be in English.