Principal UX Researcher
Our players' experience comes first at King. As a UX researcher, you'll make use of your passion for games, psychology, and user research to help teams create the most user friendly and engaging games in the industry. You'll work with producers, UI/UX specialists, and developers to help answer the most challenging questions they face around design. You'll inspire positive change at all stages of game development by conducting research and delivering findings via direct team collaboration, presentations, and reports. Most importantly, your job as a researcher is to help the team understand what would make our players' experiences feel more intuitive, accessible, fun—and even magical. You'll also collaborate closely with the other research efforts in the company driven by marketing and experimentation teams.
Your Role Within Our Kingdom
* Evaluate King's existing research methods and craft a vision and action plan to synthesize and improve existing efforts using quantitative and qualitative methods
* Assist each King office with the creation of an onsite usability lab and create streamlined processes that will help teams get maximum benefit from in-person research
* Help teams across King understand which research methods are best suited to answering their questions/challenges. Provide self-service tools to help teams carry out DIY research while the research team scales
* Create internal trainings around player research and also make recommendations around external courses/speakers that can help King with research efforts
* Evangelize the benefits and demonstrate return on investment of early and regular research across the company
* Regularly audit and propose improvements to King's research practices and resources
* Work closely with development teams to help them understand various research methods and inspire them to integrate these practices into their schedules, dev cycles, and code bases via proper instrumentation
* Provide timely feedback to stakeholders regarding ongoing playtesting issues
* Review design and implementation of all games and provide feedback as well as recommendations on how research can help better understand problem areas
* Assist teams in the creation of benchmark studies that can help track the pulse of their game's usability
* Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations, all the way up to executive leadership
Skills to Create Thrills
* Worked on the research for at least 10 shipped projects with at least 3 in a lead capacity
* Relevant bachelor's (experimental psychology, human computer interaction, anthropology, information science, human factors, or related field). Advanced degree preferred.
* Passionate about gaming and the people who play them
* Passionate about user research as well as know how\" of current trends
* Willingness to innovate and go \"off script\" to help teams with challenging constraints
* Demonstrated experience helping organizations improve their research methods
* Excellent interpersonal communication (both written and verbal)
* Excellent organizational and analytical skills
* A broad range of extensive knowledge in the areas of research design, qualitative and quantitative methods applied in a business environment
* Proven ability to translate findings into actionable product improvements
* Experience partnering with business and data science specialists for learning exchange
* Portfolio must illustrate strong examples of research work (along with impact) and be easily available for review"
* Experience working on mobile titles
* Knowledge of, and an interest in free-to-play best-practice
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you're from, it's all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That's why we hire all sorts of talent - because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
King in Barcelona
Home to numerous King games studios and our Global Services Centre, our familia in Barcelona is growing ever greater. Come lunchtime, you can enjoy amazing views of the city from our roof terraces. Come night time, the delights of the city will be on your doorstep. Magic really is in the air. After all, Bubble Witch Saga 3, Diamond Digger Saga and Pyramid Solitaire Saga were created here.
Want to join our Kingdom?
Application needs to be in English.