Art Director Games (m/f)
You will be part of a highly motivated team, eager to create a compelling new AA console game. Together with your colleagues in Art and Game Design you will be in the center of it all, working closely with programmers and designers to make our new game a great success.
As Art Director, it is your responsibility to guide the art team towards the delivery of stunning visuals and therefore gaming experiences, based on the concurrent vision of the development team.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the aesthetics of the finished game
- Define the stylistic vision in continuity with the creative director’s vision and in collaboration with the producer
- Establish and maintain aesthetic standards
- Review all art assets for quality and continuity
- Create an environment that nurtures creativity
- Supervise teams of artists, animators, and designers from concept to ship date
- Communicate the artistic design and development of the project to the art team (internal) and client (external)
- At least 7 years of work experience in the games industry - ideally at least 3 years as Lead Artist, Art Director or in a comparable role
- Participation in all relevant phases and stages of the production of at least 3 finished and released video games, preferably on console
- A deep understanding of all aspects of art and a very talented and skilled artist yourself
- Experience in a Lead position and proven seniority to guide and coach colleagues from an artistic standpoint
- Passionate about details
- Strong problem solving skills and a "Can-Do-Attitude"
- Self-contained way of working and high level of self-motivation
- A lot of creativity
- Experience in the development of console games
- Very good command of the English language (both written and spoken)
Relocation support will be provided!
- Here’s to you! Fresh fruit, free beverages and special conditions for gym membership
- Do it! Personal responsibility, freedom and short decision-making routes
- The Unit! Open office, friendly atmosphere and with professionals always willing to lend a hand
- There you are! Centrally located, bright and modern offices where creativity flourishes
- Have Fun!Of course play some games along the way
- And what else!? Learn more about your new professional homebase
We are looking forward to your application. To give us a more extensive first impression of you, a substantial application will be appreciated. The minimum content should be a short motivation letter and your CV. If you have questions regarding the application just drop us an e-mail at email@example.com. An application via our online tool is preferred.