About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. This year so far, we've launched our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb on the PC and completed Gears of War: Ultimate Edition and Gears of War 4 for Xbox One. We're now expanding our team for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for superstars to help us make them happen.
As a Cinematic Artist at Splash Damage you will be responsible for creating high quality in-game cinematics that will tie together gameplay and narrative through realistic acting, compelling action and expressive dialogs. The candidate will have to:
- Construct in-game cinematic sequences following the direction and feedback from the Cinematics Lead
- Collaborate with tech artists, artists and animators to ensure the highest quality on the implementation and delivery of the cinematic content
- Manage the cinematic asset organization within the project
- Liaise with the relevant departments to resolve any technical dificulties
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong experience and at least 1 published AAA game working in layout/cinematics
- Great working knowledge of UE4 cinematic tools or equivalent tech
- Cinematography experience, focusing in scene composition, pacing and editing
- Self-motivated, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous game or film experience working on action-oriented sequences and cut scenes
- Experience working with cameras and motion capture in Maya, Motion Builder or other 3D applications
- Technical problem solving
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.