Sports Interactive (SI), the London-based* studio behind the global smash hit computer simulation Football Manager, is one of the enduring success stories of UK game development.
Founded in 1994, Sports Interactive (SI) creates and develops a range of games under the Football Manager umbrella. The studio has a full-time staff of more than 100 and employs the services of roughly 1,300 part-time researchers across the globe.
SI has ongoing relationships with some of the biggest names in professional football, including the League Managers Association, The EFL and many other leagues and national associations. SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Further information is available at www.sigames.com .
Working as an integral part of the communications team and liaising closely with the production and technical departments, the successful candidate will help to drive consumer engagement by ensuring that SI's websites remain world class, function across all contemporary platforms and work to promote the brand and support the studio's active fan base.
The ideal candidate will be a skilled Drupal developer, ideally with experience in publishing, either from a media or other 'digital-first' background. He or she will also have a strong background in PHP Development, have been part of several Drupal implementation or upgrade projects and have experience of integrating Drupal with external APIs.
Working closely with the technical team at SI's parent company, SEGA, the web developer will be responsible for bringing designs to life, employing problem solving techniques and building compelling web functionality that supports all brand and community requirements. He or she will take the lead in improving and maintaining systems with a focus on automation, stability, SEO and usability.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Management of internal web technologies.
- Creation and maintenance of customer-facing, high-traffic, responsive websites that function seamlessly across mobile, desktop and tablet environments.
- Management of SEO for the studio and its brands.
- Ensuring that all sites are built to strict visual/functional specifications.
- Delivering projects to a high standard and in a timely fashion.
- Testing all executions and ensuring that standards are adhered to.
- Supporting and enhancing existing systems.
- Reviewing and integrating new and emerging technologies.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS
- PHP 5 (essential)
- Drupal 7 (essential)
- Front end development (essential)
- HTML 5
- Photoshop (basic)
- Google Analytics Universal (basic)
- An exceptional eye for detail.
- A working knowledge of Photoshop CC and wireframing tools.
- An understanding of Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- A knowledge of web accessibility, usability and A/B Testing.
- An awareness of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Experience of UAT procedures and browser compatibility.
- The ability to cope with fast-changing situations and meet tight deadlines.
- An aptitude for grasping new strategies, software and processes.
- An appetite to learn, research and self-teach.
- The ability to communicate confidently and professionally.
- Commercial development experience in a similar environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to manage his or her own time and document all work.
- The ability to present ideas and move plans into production.
- A knowledge of the studio's products (and competitor titles).
*The studio is currently based in the Old Street area, but is relocating this year to Stratford, East London.