This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Dialogue Audio Engineer to join our multi-award winning Total War team.
Reporting to the Audio Director, the Dialogue Audio Engineers' primary role is to create AAA calibre dialogue production on assigned projects.
Using our in-house, high spec, audio facilities, the right candidate will be working with our team of audio engineers, technicians and programmers to deliver a stellar audio experience for Total War titles developed at the studio.
As a part of our wider and experienced dialogue engineering team, you will work with a wide range of developers to deliver a AAA dialogue experience in line with the styling and feedback set out by the Audio Director. You will have ownership of the scoping, production and delivery of Dialogue, including domestic and foreign versions on assigned projects. Working with other stakeholders to cast and audition actors, record, edit and mix dialogue content to commercial standards for in-game and cut-scene linear usage.
With a high emphasis on quality and commercial standards, you will ensure a rich dialogue experience which is both varied and believable, working with script writers and designers to achieve this. An important element of this role is to continually evaluate and improve the dialogue experience and design, and be up to date on current successful titles and trends in dialogue production and implementation.
As the Dialogue Audio Engineer, you will be integrating and mixing audio content into games using in-house tools and other 3rd party software. Liaising with our internal quality assurance team and Development Managers, you will ensure dialogue testing is adequately covered to a high standard. There are also opportunities to mentor more junior members of the team.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Extensive experience as an in-house game or post-production audio engineer commercially recording dialogue
- Proven experience directing actors and crowd sessions
- Advanced dialogue recording and editorial skills
- Ability to record, track-lay and mix dialogue to picture to commercial standards
- ProTools 9 or above experience to advanced level
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to review work of others and present detailed and constructive feedback
- Able to multi-task projects, plan and schedule dialogue production efforts while remaining quality focused and adhering to deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to work as a team player and under own initiative
- A keen interest in and a passion for audio in video games
- HND in Sound Engineering (or above)
- Experienced with the Wwise audio engine
- In-house experience within a game development studio or post-production facility working on Video Games
- Experience working on shipped AAA titles
- Knowledge and familiarity of Total War brand
- Proficient with Wavelab, Waves Plugins, Izotope RX
We are Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria.
We have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years - from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team - creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.