Tt Games is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike, with our fun and playful takes on world-famous IPs, as part of the LEGO videogame series. Traveller's Tales have been making brilliant games for more than 25 years, with over 200 million copies sold to date and 5 BAFTA wins. As part of Warner Bros, we have exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
We’re extremely proud to have been joined this year by Playdemic, one of the UK’s most successful free-to-play mobile games developers and publishers. Their most recent title, Golf Clash, is a top-grossing smash hit on iOS and Android.
We are always on the lookout for bright, talented and motivated people to join our AAA studio and to be part of everything we do, because we know it is the talent and dedication of our employees that has made our more than 25 years of success possible.
TT Games offers successful candidates a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly – one of the best things about working here is our fantastic people! We aim to support work-life balance, and some of the benefits we’re most proud of include: flexitime and other family-friendly benefits; discretionary bonus scheme; company pension scheme and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities (including on-site exercise classes), discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!
The Characters & Models team at Traveller's Tales in Knutsford are seeking to recruit a permanent Senior Character Artist.
- Support Lead and Associate Lead in attaining a high standard of work, both technically and creatively.
- The Design and creation of Character Art to a high standard as directed by the Lead.
- Ensure project tasks are organised and managed effectively as directed by the Lead.
- Providing feedback on tools and working with the programming department to ensure tools provided are as accessible and productive as possible.
- Undertake relevant on-the-job training where required and keep up-to-date with industry advancements and technologies.
- Identify and enter relevant issues into JIRA, ensuring sufficient information is given.
- Provide coaching to Character Art team where appropriate and with direction from Lead Character Artist.
- Working closely with the Animators to ensure sufficient Character Setup and results.
- The design and creation of LEGO characters as required / specified by the Lead Character Artist.
- The design and creation of LEGO creatures where the main elements are unique moulded elements rather than a LEGO model constructed from standard elements.
- The design and creation of 2D texture decals used on characters and creatures.
- Setup of Super Character based assets both game side and in relevant Software.
- Creating approval sheets for internal and external review.
- Creating assets for publishing / marketing where cross conversion may be required.
- Setup and maintain Wiki documentation within the Character Artist discipline.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent artistic eye for quality and ability to ensure consistency in results.
- Relevant degree or equivalent level qualification.
- Excellent understanding and proficient use of in-house tools and software used in development.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the technical requirements and limitations of providing Character Art for use in a Game Engine.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects / tasks.
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change.