Senior Network Engineer
About Infrastructure Engineering:
Our job is to build effective, stable and reliable large scale infrastructure tools and services for our games and product teams, to allow them to focus on creating great games. We strive to empower developer teams to be autonomous and flexible and continuously work to create a self service model for our tech, by being in close collaboration with development teams in the full product life cycle.
We engineer and provide the shared infrastructure serving all of our games, as well as the developer environments and supporting tech like observability, log management, and event transport. This includes everything from working in the datacenters and writing orchestration and automation for our production stack to troubleshooting distributed systems and resolving production incidents.
We are currently at the beginning of multiple projects redefining our infrastructure. Among other things we have major efforts to modernize our platform as well as all supporting software and orchestration.
The Infrastructure team maintains the datacenter infrastructure which involves the network and physical servers. We currently have several fun and challenging projects in the pipeline. The biggest project is to transition from the current traditional L2 datacenter network towards a pure L3 network. Another project is building new dynamic infrastructure allowing us to fully automate and orchestrate our platform.
Your role within our Kingdom
* Build loadbalancer orchestration and automation software
* Maintain and develop the current Network infrastructure
* Influence and design network enhancements
* Promote network and data security best practices and standards
* Build monitoring for network health and performance
* Be part of On call rotation
Skills to create thrills
* Layer 1-7 network knowledge
* Strong Python coding skills and decent knowledge of Bash/Shell
* Experience of Config management and orchestration of distributed systems
* Comfortable working in a Linux computing environment
* BGP skills, we run bgp both internally and externally and it's usage will only increase
* Security awareness
* You're non vendor specific and have an open mind to technologies
* You have excellent people skills
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.