Studio Art Director - non-casual
The Barcelona non-casual studio is currently looking for a passionate Studio Art Director to join their team working on all their exciting games. You will be responsible for leading a team of talented artists as well as working with Studio Leadership to help cultivate and drive the welcoming and inclusive atmosphere and culture in the studio.
Your role within our Kingdom
* You will provide leadership and support to the studios art department as well as being a key contributor to studio leadership, so this is a big and challenging role.
* You'll need to have proven Art Director and management experience.
* You will work to continuously improve the quality and efficiency of our Art processes, and work actively with our game teams to help deliver global hits.
* Provide hands on support to Art Leads and artists across the studio
* Work in partnership with Studio Leadership (Head of Studio, Studio Directors, and Producers) ensure that game teams are working in the best way possible
* Provide constant and consistent functional leadership and support to all artists as required, especially in regards to goal setting and career development
* Lead the training of artists in the studio, promoting the healthy, ongoing development of artistic skill and creative process
* Be a key driver of Studio Strategy, including team structure, working practices and priorities
* Oversee artist capacity and skill requirements within the studio, ensuring the right people are in place at the right time.
* Working with distributed development services when required, supporting all effective engagements
* Manage the hiring of artists into the studio as required
* Be a contributor to Global Art Strategies, ensuring these strategies are clearly communicated to teams and stakeholders
* Work with the global Art team to ensure key art strategies and processes are successfully transitioned and maintained within the studio
* Facilitate good working partnerships between studio art and key partners such as Brand, Marketing and Insights
Skills to create thrills
We already know you are passionate about games and are able to work in a flexible and fluid environment where the job will evolve over time. In this role, you are a go-to expert in your discipline.
You will partner with the Head of Studio as part of the Studio Leadership team on matters relating to game art to ensure our games deliver on the high quality bars we set. You will coordinate with the global Art function to ensure cross studio collaboration both for Art and Resource requirements. So you need to be a talented leader of art and a real team player with great coaching skills to lead, support and develop this exciting art team
* Artistic vision and great technical skills with an eye for detail
* Broad experience in game and/or studio management
* Championing the use of good technical practices
* Understanding of our customers' preferences and the ability to produce appealing art in appropriate style and available time frame
* An innovative spirit and contribute beyond the assigned tasks, actively seeking responsibility
* Highly skilled in communication and organisation with the ability to perform both tactically and strategically, preferably experienced in working within an agile project environment
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in Barcelona
Home to numerous King games studios and our Global Services Centre, our familia in Barcelona is growing ever greater. Come lunchtime, you can enjoy amazing views of the city from our roof terraces. Come night time, the delights of the city will be on your doorstep. Magic really is in the air. After all, Bubble Witch Saga 3, Diamond Digger Saga and Pyramid Solitaire Saga were created here.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English. And please don't forget to share your portfolio with us!