We have a number of exciting opportunities for talented and enthusiastic Gameplay Programmers to join our excellent project teams here at Frontier Developments in Cambridge. As a Gameplay Programmer you will create the game mechanics, balance and polish the game experience, and bring the game content to life. Depending on your skills and experience you could be working on future developments of our highly successful Elite Dangerous game or on the development of our recently announced game Jurassic World Evolution, which is scheduled for release in summer 2018.
We have a reputation for technological innovation and our programmers get involved in all aspects of system architecture, design and implementation, bringing an extremely high standard of professionalism to the development of all our games. Our programmers contribute to a dynamic, creative and fun environment, working with advanced technology on PC and the leading games consoles.
- Working with the Game Design and/or Art team to create and refine game mechanics within technical constraints.
- Building and supporting game systems, working with the COBRA engine and with the assets provided by content creators.
- Efficiently delivering engaging player experiences through technical innovation, creative thinking and collaborative working practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Willingness to work collaboratively across multiple disciplines
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback in order to strive for continuous improvement
- Good at managing competing demands for your time.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Either a good degree in Computer Science, Maths or Physics or a solid track record in a similar programming role
- Advanced understanding of C++ and object oriented programming
- Experience with game scripting, ideally using LUA scripts
- Familiarity with console development, networking and multi-threaded programming is a plus.