Tt Games is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike, with our fun and playful takes on world-famous IPs, as part of the LEGO videogame series. Traveller's Tales have been making brilliant games for more than 25 years, with over 200 million copies sold to date and 5 BAFTA wins. As part of Warner Bros, we have exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
We’re extremely proud to have been joined this year by Playdemic, one of the UK’s most successful free-to-play mobile games developers and publishers. Their most recent title, Golf Clash, is a top-grossing smash hit on iOS and Android.
We are always on the lookout for bright, talented and motivated people to join our AAA studio and to be part of everything we do, because we know it is the talent and dedication of our employees that has made our more than 25 years of success possible.
TT Games offers successful candidates a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly – one of the best things about working here is our fantastic people! We aim to support work-life balance, and some of the benefits we’re most proud of include: flexitime and other family-friendly benefits; discretionary bonus scheme; company pension scheme and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities (including on-site exercise classes), discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!
The Art team at Traveller's Tales in Knutsford are looking to recruit a fixed term experienced VFX Artist.
- Responsible for creating visual effects for the game (levels and cutscenes) compliant with game design and vision.
- Creation of effects using packages provided (Maya and Photoshop).
- Creation of particles using 2D textures (Photoshop) and in-house editors (particle/LED).
- Using Maya Fluid systems to create animating textures when required.
- Creation of bespoke and generic scenery effects (smoke/fire etc).
- Creation of bespoke character effects (shields/suits/hits/footsteps etc).
- Placement of static effects in levels.
- Creation of game specific VFX (explosions) placement generally by code.
- Creation (sometimes placement) of cutscene specific VFX (explosions etc) placement generally by animation.
- Working closely with environment artists on effects heavy levels to balance frame-rate.
- Liaise with Construction Artists with regards to placing and triggering gameplay-specific VFX.
- Ensuring work/level hits all memory and frame rate guides/restrictions.
- Understanding that changes and amendments are part of the pipeline.
- Attend regular reviews of work (and present all concept and ref if used).
- Feedback any concerns of design impact on level/work.
- Other tasks as required.
- Work with Art Leads and other artists to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of effects.
- Undertake relevant on-the-job training where required and keep up-to-date with industry advancements and technologies.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Good demonstration of skills through CV/Showreel/Website or Art Tests.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Good working knowledge and proficiency in Maya and Photoshop.
- Good understanding of in-house tools and software used in development.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Excellent artistic ability.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects / tasks.
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.