Joining our highly accomplished audio team, this an opportunity to be a part of the Audio department working on our Total War projects.
As a Sound Designer you will be creating, implementing and mixing sound effects and other audio for the multi award-winning Total War titles developed at the studio.
We take the craft of designing and mixing sounds seriously, so as a creative and technical individual, if being part of an award-winning team and working on AAA games is your passion then apply now!
All Audio applicants are required to submit a show reel in support of their application, demonstrating creative sound design.
Applications cannot be considered without an accompanying show reel.
As a senior sound designer, you'll be responsible creating and implementing sound effects, responding to direction from the Audio Director on audio aesthetics and sound design feedback, using techniques, such as location / studio recording, Foley recording in addition to utilising pre-recorded in-house and commercial material.
Working directly with the Lead Sound Designer, you will take ownership of areas of the games audio, researching and planning out the delivery of the required audio assets, while working closely with Audio Programmers to develop and improve audio systems and tools. You will implement and mix audio content into the game using Audiokinetic, Wwise, other 3rd party software and our in-house tools, ensuring that the resulting sounds are up to AAA standards in quality, creativity and optimisation. There may be further opportunities to create and mix audio content for in-game movies, trailers, demos and conferences.
You will set high standards, and help mentor junior members of the team and when required, work and collaborate with external audio vendors.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Proven excellence with creative sound design
- In-house games development experience at a senior level as a 'sound designer' or similar
- Experience track lay and mixing audio to linear footage (cinematics, cut-scenes) to commercial standards
- Highly experienced integrating and mixing audio in game projects
- Must have completed work on at least 3 shipped full price retail console or PC games, completing full in-house product cycles
- Experienced with Wwise audio engine
- Pro Tools 9 or above experience to advanced level
- Must be a pro-active, problem solver who is highly organised and solution focused - seeks challenges and delivers results
- Ability to quickly learn new audio tools and software for creating and implementing content
- Ability to plan, organise and oversee location sfx recording sessions
- Passionate about sound and music in games and other forms of a/v entertainment
- Professional location and studio based sound effects recording experience
- Knowledge and familiarity of Total War brand
- HND in Sound Engineering (or above)
- AAA video game experience
- A full clean driving licence to be able to attend remote Foley sessions
We are Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria.
We have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years - from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team - creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.