About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
As a level design intern at Splash Damage you will be responsible for working with the level design team to conceive, prototype and assist in the creation of dynamic levels for our games.
- Work under the supervision of level designers to generate sections of new levels and to maintain existing levels
- Work with programmers, artists and designers under the supervision of level designers to collect and analyse playtest data and feedback, and suggest iterations on layouts accordingly, then carry out those changes with approval from level designers
- Testing, reviewing and iterating upon designs and features to tune them to the highest quality
- Constantly monitor your assigned bugs and fix issues in a timely fashion to maintain stability and ensure that your levels remain playable at all times
Essential Skills and Experience
- A passion for making and playing games
- Mod-team / map-making experience with impressive community feedback and usage statistics
- A desire for learning best practices and processes
- A passion for environment design and architectural concepts
- The ability to work well with others in a collaborative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with unreal engine
- Knowledge of gameplay event scripting and entity setup
- Experience with wiki-based documentation systems
- Understanding of what motivates players and player psychology