About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
Splash Damage is looking for a talented Art Director to help us build stunning and inspiring art for an upcoming title. You'll be inspiring the team and maintaining the quality bar while collaborating with Art direction and Design to ensure the game looks great and plays fantastic. You will help establish the vision for the game and you will be a key point of contact for our world-leading development partners.
As a Splash Damage Art Director, you will:
- Drive the visual quality in collaboration with the Project Directors and Leads
- Motivate the art team ensuring they keep the artistic style & mood consistent with our defined visual style
- Manage the art team including holding regular 121s, setting objectives, looking after the team's welfare and providing mentoring
- Collaborate with production and discipline Leads on project planning, workflows and visual direction
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals and visual design (including understanding of composition and colour)
- Good artistic knowledge of game development workflows and pipelines (Modelling, Mapping, Texturing and World Building)
- Management experience and demonstrable leadership capabilities
- Passionate about world building and gameplay
- Multiple shipped AAA games