Infrastructure Project Manager
Demonware creates and provides the online services behind hugely popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty and Skylanders. We provide matchmaking, microtransactions, storage and account management services for almost half a billion users. Demonware has offices in Dublin, Ireland; Vancouver, Canada; and Shanghai, China, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc.
The Demonware Infrastructure Department is comprised of five engineering teams: Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, Build Engineering, Infrastructure Automation and IT. We have responsibility for all network, compute and storage infrastructure across a global network of data centres and public cloud presence. We own our internal build pipelines, our business applications and tools that enable automation of our infrastructure. Our goal is to deliver world class infrastructure to support Demonware's Title, Product and Platform teams.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our department. The Project Manager will work with department leadership to ensure the smooth running of internal projects and help manage communication with internal and external stakeholders. They will know how to work hard while still having fun in a challenging environment - we take what we do seriously, but ourselves not so much. They will need a proven ability to organize themselves and others in a dynamic and complex environment. The successful candidate will also have experience and knowledge of the challenges that managing projects and stakeholders across multiple time zones can present.
• Work with department leadership to create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
• Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities in conjunction with the engineering managers/leads
• Facilitate project planning sessions with teams
• Collaborate with team members to establish realistic expectations for timelines & deliverables
• Assist in scheduling projects, keeping teams on-task, projecting milestones & deliverables
• Minimize Demonware exposure to risk by maintaining a department wide risk register for all engineering teams
• Assist Demonware leadership team with the planning and implementation of Demonware wide projects and initiatives as required
• Work with department leadership during our weekly meetings and quarterly face to face sessions to own and drive improvements in how we track and action department level initiatives
• Speaks fluent ‘nerd'
• Good sense of humour
• 5+ years PM experience in a similar role
• Exposure to complex technical projects involving multiple teams and external vendors is required (exposure to Infrastructure related projects is a plus)
• Ability to travel relatively frequently (~ 6-8 week frequency) between Demonware offices
• Organized self-starter willing to assume responsibility for all aspects of projects under their supervision
• Excellent communication & problem solving skills
• Positive, professional attitude & strong interpersonal skills
• Strong time management skills with ability to focus on priorities & risk assessment
• Ability to fit into a dynamic, creative team environment
• A willingness & ability to learn is essential
• Ability to adapt quickly to change and be able to rework complex project plans at short notice due to changes in scope
• Experience with the Atlassian suite of products
• Exposure to Agile methodologies