The Characters & Models team at Traveller's Tales in Knutsford are seeking to recruit a permanent Character Artist.
- Identify and enter relevant issues into JIRA, ensuring sufficient information is given.
- The design and creation of LEGO characters as required / specified by the Lead Character Artist.
- The design and creation of LEGO creatures where the main elements are unique moulded elements rather than a LEGO model constructed from standard elements.
- The design and creation of 2D texture decals used on characters and creatures.
- Setup of Super Character based assets which include game side:
Unique moulded head elements
Unique moulded Body Attachments, such as Armour, Wings and Backpacks
Arm, hip and leg decals where applicable
Character definition and setup using in-house Character Animation Tool (CAT)
- Setup of Super Character based assets which include Maya side:
Creation and maintenance of Animation Reference (AR) character versions as used by the Animation Team.
Optimisation of LEGO characters and creatures to support each game platform.
Working with Animators to ensure their needs are met during the rigging process.
- Creating approval sheets for internal and external review.
- Creating assets for publishing / marketing where cross conversion may be required.
- Setup and maintain Wiki documentation within the Character Artist discipline.
- Providing feedback on tools and working with the programming department to ensure tools provided are as accessible and productive as possible.
- Undertake relevant on-the-job training where required and keep up-to-date with industry advancements and technologies.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Good artistic eye for quality and ability to ensure consistency in results.
- Relevant degree or equivalent level qualification.
- Very Good understanding and use of in-house tools and software used in development.
- Demonstrate a Very Good understanding of the technical requirements and limitations of providing Character Art for use in a Game Engine.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects / tasks.
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change.
To apply please email a covering letter, CV and portfolio to Vicky MacMillan, Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org