The Characters & Models team at Traveller's Tales in Knutsford are seeking to recruit a permanent Senior Character Artist.
- Support Lead and Associate Lead in attaining a high standard of work, both technically and creatively.
- The Design and creation of Character Art to a high standard as directed by the Lead.
- LEnsure project tasks are organised and managed effectively as directed by the Lead.
- Providing feedback on tools and working with the programming department to ensure tools provided are as accessible and productive as possible.
- Undertake relevant on-the-job training where required and keep up-to-date with industry advancements and technologies.
- Identify and enter relevant issues into JIRA, ensuring sufficient information is given.
- Provide coaching to Character Art team where appropriate and with direction from Lead Character Artist.
- Working closely with the Animators to ensure sufficient Character Setup and results.
- The design and creation of LEGO characters as required / specified by the Lead Character Artist.
- The design and creation of LEGO creatures where the main elements are unique moulded elements rather than a LEGO model constructed from standard elements.
- The design and creation of 2D texture decals used on characters and creatures.
- Setup of Super Character based assets both game side and in relevant Software.
- Creating approval sheets for internal and external review.
- Creating assets for publishing / marketing where cross conversion may be required.
- Setup and maintain Wiki documentation within the Character Artist discipline.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent artistic eye for quality and ability to ensure consistency in results.
- Relevant degree or equivalent level qualification.
- Excellent understanding and proficient use of in-house tools and software used in development.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the technical requirements and limitations of providing Character Art for use in a Game Engine.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects / tasks.
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change.
To apply please email a covering letter, CV and portfolio to Vicky MacMillan, Recruiter at email@example.com