Established in 2007 Sumo Video Games was set up to work alongside Sumo Digital's Sheffield based UK studio. Together we have consistently delivered AAA titles from Next Gen to Mobile on all platforms for partners that include SEGA, Microsoft, Codemasters, Sony, EA, BBC, Konami, Disney, and many more.
Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3), Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform) , and our first self-published title Snake Pass (multi-platform) . We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One), Dead Island 2 (multi-platform ) and Project Nova plus several other exciting but currently unannounced projects.
Sumo Video Games is a true extension of our UK studio and team members on both sites collaborate on a daily basis on all aspects of game development. Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on every available gaming platform from Next Gen to Mobile, and at every stage of game development.
2018 is a very exciting year for Sumo Video Games and we are looking to significantly grow our fantastic and talented team. We're looking for highly talented and dedicated individuals who thrive in fast paced, ever changing development and live service environments. Working for Sumo you'll be an integral member of the team shaping our games to satisfy our hard-core and casual gamers.
Being part of Sumo's development team is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
Highly creative, highly motivated, superb attention to detail and a keen eye for quality are requirements that all our roles demand.
Role and Purpose
The job spec below is a brief overview of the required tasks for the Desktop Engineer, this list is not a totally inclusive of all jobs and additional items will be required
- Providing 1st line and 2nd line support.
- Troubleshoot issues on Windows, MacOS and Linux Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of MDT toolkit / WDS / SCCM and other deployment tools
- Installation and configuration of Windows, MacOS and Linux Operating Systems as required.
- Manipulate Active Directory to create and configure user accounts and security groups.
- Work within Microsoft Exchange / Office 365 to create user mailboxes and distribution lists.
- Experience of using call logging systems such as Samanage, Remedy.
- Basic understanding of software licensing.
- Linux operating systems specifically Redhat/CentOS
- Troubleshooting a range of Workstation and laptop repairs
- Working with imaging software and making images for PCs
- Good communication skills, the ability to deal with sla's.
- Provide customers with up to date information regarding tickets logged.
- Help users connecting to VPN services to be able to work from home.
- Provide full Microsoft Office support including (Visio, project)
- Contribute to the use of the centralized anti-virus system, making sure all users have AV installed, the correct exceptions and correct policies.
- Troubleshooting any applications as required for members of the staff enabling them to work to their full potential.
- Build and customisation of Sumo specific hardware and software
- Ad hoc PC duties e.g. installing software, printers, changing peripherals etc.
Skills Experience and Qualifications
- 2- 4 years of experience in a fast paced organization as a desktop support engineer is preferred
- Autodesk and Adobe products (Photoshop, 3ds Max, Maya and Illustrator)
- Knowledge of Microsoft TFS and any other bug tracking software
- Microsoft Certification such as MCP, MCITP
- Cisco CCENT
- Any experience of dev kits or development tools for the PlayStation, Xbox or Wii platforms would be extremely beneficial for the successful candidate.
What We Offer
In return we'll give you
- competitive salary
- Comprehensive Medical insurance
- Exciting working environment where you can play games on Playstations, Nintendo etc..
- Employee parties & Annual Sumo Big day out (with family)
- The chance to work with some of the best professionals of the games industry at our world class studio in Pune
- Most importantly we will give you the room to be yourself and live your passion.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to Sumo.
Please enclose your CV, portfolio link and covering letter in all applications. Applications with no portfolio link will be automatically rejected.
"Sumo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans"