Senior Software Engineer (113276)
Requisition ID 113276 - Posted 11/27/2017 - Regular - EA Studios - Criterion Games - Software Development - Guildford - Surrey - United Kingdom - Europe
Job Description Print Preview
Email Job to Friend
Return to List
We’re Criterion, and we love making games!
Over the last fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. From Burnout & Need for Speed to the critically acclaimed VR mission for Star Wars Battlefront, Criterion have always pushed the boundaries, delivering through technical excellence, world-class game feel and AAA audiovisual quality.
We place enormous value on creative collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. Our studio is a healthy mix of industry veterans and newcomers working together to inspire, support, and educate one another. We encourage free experimentation, innovation and exploration very explicitly with regular “off-the-grid” time.
Criterion don’t put people in boxes. Folks here have freedom to navigate their careers the way their hearts take them – we’re not big on labels. Our features are built by teams who choose to work together, actively encouraging cross-discipline crack squads to solve the toughest problems.
The working day has space carved out for everyone to play games – by themselves or together, be they tabletop or videogames, we love them all. Learning from the widest range of experiences makes our own games better.
Over the years, we’ve learned that crunching is flat-out stupid, so we don’t do it.
The Challenge Ahead:
Criterion are embarking on their most ambitious projects to date, partnering with DICE on Star Wars Battlefront II and pushing the boundaries with our own brand new IP.
We are growing our team with fresh, talented people who can help us take a huge leap forwards.
We’re looking for someone to join our animation team and help us build amazing experiences with cutting-edge characters, working closely with a multi-disciplinary team.
What an Animation Engineer does at Criterion:
• Works closely with engineers, designers, and artists to translate high-level ideas into AAA game features
• Collaborates within Criterion and works closely with other EA studios around the world
• Implements and maintains reliable and efficient code
• Keeps iterating with their team until the feature is incredible
• Works with designers to develop great authoring workflows
• Takes features through to shipping, fixing bugs and performance issues
An Animation Engineer will need:
• BSc in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent industry experience
• Strong C++ programming skills - C# or Python are a plus
• Some experience creating animation-based tech or experiences
• Experience working closely with a team to deliver animation features is a big plus
• Experience using visual scripting (e.g. Unreal’s Kismet) is a plus
• Experience using Unity is a plus
• A passion for games, and a desire to create high-quality AAA titles that millions of people want to play
• Experience shipping games on a AAA engine is a big plus
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Naturally, we offer competitive compensation packages.
More importantly, because we love working with world-class creators, we maintain a culture that thrives on creative freedom and autonomy.
We thought you might also want to know:
We’re based in the lovely town of Guildford – 35 minutes from central London.
Our office is a short walk from the train station and the centre of town.