Sr. Rigger (Sr Technical Artist ) (114785)
Requisition ID 114785 - Posted 12/08/2017 - Regular - EA Studios - Content - Art - Guildford - Surrey - United Kingdom - Europe
Job Description Print Preview
Email Job to Friend
Return to List
Who we are
We are a centralized rigging dept. supporting EA Studios games including FIFA, Madden NFL, NBA, NHL, UFC, Plants vs Zombies & Need for Speed. We develop, support, and facilitate artistic and technical infrastructure that maximizes believable performances, animation workflows, and innovation.
What the Sr. Rigger will do:
We are looking for a Character TD to support a digital double pipeline focused on creating believable facial animation for EA games. This is a specialized senior role focused on maintaining pipelines, workflows, tools and character rigs for several of largest franchises published by EA.
• Oversee the design and development of rigging and animation workflows in collaboration with content creators and engineers.
• Set the technical and creative vision for a development team within a larger department
• Oversee team of developers working on rigging and animation tools and pipelines
• Oversee and participate in performance motion capture and FACS scanning sessions
• Contribute to reviews of rigging, modeling and animation work
• Develop end-user training materials for rigging modeling and animation teams
• In partnership with capture lab and animation teams drive the capture and solve process of performances in facial animation
• Create and maintain advanced FACS rigs for digital double facial animation
• Partner with department leads from modeling, animation, lighting, fx, sim, and engineering to develop products for a community of stakeholders across EA
• Enforce code standards and mentor team in principals of programming paradigms
• Support of tools and technologies used by content creators for animation
• Provide creative and technical problem solving with a view to delivering efficient quality art and animation
• Improve process, quality, cross studio communication, and team culture
• Provide mentoring, guidance, and develop training programs for rigging staff
Who you are:
• Strong understanding of rigging and animation content creation processes and its technical constraints
• Experience designing, implementing and maintaining animation content workflows
• Strong familiarity of Maya API and significant experience developing Maya plug-ins
• Significant experience with node-based graph and visual programming systems
• Working knowledge of UX design and its application in tools development
• Able to implement advanced mathematic formulas/algorithms into optimized code
• Strong understanding of FACS and applying it to computer graphics
• Strong human anatomy familiarity and ability to reference anatomical vocabulary in dialog
• Expert in understanding and applying (developing in code) common CG techniques including PSD, RBF, Smooth Skin Decomposition, Delta Mush
• Strong understanding of animation workflows and animator preferences
• Experience with face and body capture techniques
• Excel in a fast paced constantly evolving R&D and production environment
• Expert in Python; Bonus: proficient in C++
• Able to leverage FACS as a common thread of communication
• Have an aptitude for leadership and communication within and between teams
• Exposure to motion capture pipelines and data management
• Experience with editor-based game development environments e.g. Unreal, Unity etc.
• Excellent problem-solving skills. Must be able to quickly identify issues and proactively
• Have a proactive self-directed work ethic
• Able to convey complex ideas in simple terms
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
What's in it for you?
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class content, so we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/vancouver
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.