Commercial & Retail Marketing Intern (116609)
Requisition ID 116609 - Posted 01/10/2018 - Intern/Co-Op - Global Publishing - Europe - Marketing - Guildford - Surrey - United Kingdom - Europe
Job Description Print Preview
Email Job to Friend
Return to List
Location: Guildford, Surrey (UK)
Placement length: 12 months
Start date: July 2018
Selection process: Must be able to attend a Recruitment Day in Guildford
To apply: Submit an up-to-date CV along with a cover letter which explains why you want to complete your internship with Electronic Arts and what interests you in this specific placement.
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
A fantastic opportunity to gain hands-on experience within the leading global interactive entertainment software company. You will be responsible for maximizing EA’s potential by providing ongoing support to the UKI Commercial and Retail Marketing teams (50/50 split), working closely with multiple internal and external stakeholder, including UKI’s high profile retailers and creative agencies.
What a Commercial & Retail Marketing Intern does at EA:
Commercial Responsibilities Include;
Availability and Stock Position:
- Set up weekly retailer Stock and Sales trackers.
- Review and monitor availability in our retail customers, providing recommendations.
- Manage and maintain the key franchises stock tracker.
- Set-up and maintain all promotional forms with forecasts and subsequent actuals.
- Support financial risk analyst to maintain promotional list.
- Run post promotional evaluations.
- Daily/Weekly Revenue Reporting
- Maintenance of weekly channel price reports across packaged and digital products.
- Ownership of weekly customer pre-order reporting.
- Maintain weekly customer market share report for new release titles.
- Run post promotional reports for sales validation updates.
- Support commercial team to run reports for quarterly reviews with customers.
- Compliance reporting and actions.
- POS budget reporting.
- Manage and run adhoc reporting when required.
- Build relationships with customers at an executive level.
- Responsible for communicating latest franchises assets to retail customers.
- Assist Commercial Team with adhoc project work.
- Manage pre-order allocation of codes.
- Maintain sample tracker & distribution.
Retail Marketing Responsibilities include;
- Agency briefings for new artwork for POS, in-store and online assets and ATL campaigns.
- Assets approval process, with full compliance with EA’s branding and legal guidelines.
Point of Sale & Merchandise:
- Support the UKI Retail Marketing team in creation, approval, production and distribution of all POS and EA-branded merchandise materials.
- Merchandise stock management.
Budgeting & Procurement:
- POS budget part-ownership.
- Accurate forecasts and actual spend tracking of all relevant POS and merchandise costs.
- Raising and receipting of all relevant purchase orders for POS and merchandise materials.
- Provide support to the Commercial Team for events and retail customer conferences.
- Attend all relevant commercial meetings and capture minutes/actions when required.
The next great EA Commercial & Retail Marketing Intern also needs:
- MUST be an undergraduate seeking a 12-month placement year (returning to full time education).
- MUST have the right to work in the UK.
- Ideally studying a degree within business.
- Keen gamer, with an interest in working in the entertainment industry
- Competent PC user with experience in Microsoft Office and advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Adobe Photoshop is advantageous but not essential
- Organisational skills are critical, as is the ability to prioritise.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to multi task and problem solve.
- Perform well within a team environment
- Be ambitious and enjoy taking on responsibility.
- Experience at retail is advantageous but not essential.
- Be proactive, self-motivated, accountable, professional, passionate.
- Work under pressure and to stringent deadlines.
- Have a creative mind-set.
What EA interns say about their placement:
EA is an incredible organisation to work for; not only are you provided with the necessary tools to develop professional skills quickly in the working environment, but you work within a team in which you are respected and value. You’re given with trust and responsibility from day out, and regardless of which team you work in, there is great support and encouragement for you to undertake projects in other departments or sub-teams throughout the year to further your skills. Not only do you get to work across all titles, but you get to see everything that goes into the release of an upcoming title, from pre-launch activities, launch activations, and post-launch summaries alongside further activities. The company motto is ‘Work Hard, Play Hard’, and this is truly represented into everyday work at EA.
We appreciate the work our interns provide, so here at EA we like to offer you great facilities while you are working onsite including:
- Free onsite gym
- Canteen, with our very own barista
- Two annual parties (Summer & Christmas)
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!