Marketing Intern (116606)
Requisition ID 116606 - Posted 01/10/2018 - Intern/Co-Op - Global Publishing - Europe - Marketing - Guildford - Surrey - United Kingdom - Europe
Job Description Print Preview
Email Job to Friend
Return to List
Location: Guildford, Surrey (UK)
Placement length: 12 months
Start date: July 2018
Selection process: Must be able to attend a Recruitment Day in Guildford
To apply: Submit an up-to-date CV along with a cover letter which explains why you want to complete your internship with Electronic Arts and what interests you in this specific placement.
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
A fantastic opportunity, to join an award winning internship and to gain hands-on experience within a leading global interactive entertainment software company. Reporting to the Marketing & Communications team, you will support the development and execution of best-in-class marketing programmes, across our various franchises and key Partnerships. You will bring enthusiasm, creativity and a point of view on all things relating to marketing and communications and should be prepared to stand up and be counted as an important contributor to the overall success of the team.
What a Marketing & Communications Intern does at EA:
- Supports the MCM (Marketing & Communications Managers) in the coordination, planning and development of our Go-To-Market plans
- Proactively contributes to brainstorming sessions as an equal member of the team
- Invests time in understanding the UK gaming market and its trends
- Supports the execution of marketing plans across departments in the lead up to, and following, new game launches
- Supports the activation of key partnerships within the UK including EA SPORTS’ football league and club partners and first party relationships
- Assists the marketing teams with asset coordination between MCMs and internal teams as well as external partners ensuring assets are delivered on time and to quality
- Project & Event Assistance - assist the Marketing and Comms team with specific and ad hoc projects/events e.g. press showcase, preview/review events, producer tours etc.
- Works alongside UX manager on landing page maintenance across multiple sites.
- Act as trafficker and approver for Player newsletters & emails
- Attends UKI marketing meetings, bringing fresh ideas and perspective to team discussions
- Coordinates internal meetings and facilitate delivery on actions
- Supports the CEMs (Community Engagement Managers) to build engaging social plans in support of our channels and products
- Purchase Orders and Budget Logs: raising and receipting Purchase Orders with a focus on cost control
- Mailing House / Merchandise – tracking and coordination of game stock and stationery requests for marketing team.
- Works with Comms lead and various agencies on campaign performance tracking.
- Supports & prepares Weekly Marketing reports and distribute to the wider marketing teams.
The next great EA Marketing & Communications Intern also needs to be:
- MUST be an undergraduate seeking a 12-month placement year (returning to full time education).
- MUST have the right to work in the UK.
- Ideally studying a degree within Marketing or a related subject area.
- A keen gamer, with an interest in working in the entertainment industry
- Computer literate with intermediate level knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word, Photoshop, and PowerPoint.
- Media savvy with an understanding of UK media landscape and interest in social media
- Able to project manage & multi-task
- Interested in the interactive entertainment industry and some knowledge here would be a great advantage
- Able to demonstrate exceptional organisational skills & inter-personal skills
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- A good communicator, both written and oral
- Highly self-motivated, fast learner, proactive and inquisitive
- Able to stay cool under pressure, navigate calmly through change and be adaptable
- Able to work on a team that interacts with many different internal departments
- Openness in working across all titles / marketing channels needed
What the current Marketing & Communications Intern says about the placement:
A placement year with EA is not an opportunity to be missed. Not only will you get a solid career foundation, but also a beyond memorable experience. I have learnt so many applicable skills, tools and processes which I know I will be able to apply in both academic and work environments. But, what I love most about this placement is the various game titles you get to work under and how you are encouraged to grow and think outside the box. Having the opportunity to learn in a supportive and, most importantly, fun environment is something I can’t compare.
We appreciate the work our interns provide, so here at EA we like to offer you great facilities while you are working onsite including:
- Free onsite gym
- Canteen, with our very own barista
- Two annual parties (Summer & Christmas)
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!