We're looking for a Brand Manager with bags of potential and a great team spirit who will help us to create innovative marketing campaigns for both mid-core and casual mobile game launches, as well as help to shape new games in their early development stages.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you have the ability and passion to deliver marketing campaigns for some of the world's most popular mobile games, then this is the right job for you.
The new Brand Manager will be dedicated to working 'upstream' with the games teams to help shape new games in the early stages, leveraging player insights to create the foundations of our future franchises and ensuring a strong brand identity at launch.
Additionally, this role will build equity in new mid-core and casual gaming titles by planning and executing their launch plans. The successful candidate will ensure creativity and consistency in communications and the application of the brand values across multiple customer touch points.
As part of the Brand Team you will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your capacity to get things done.
Responsibilities will include:
* Brand Strategy: Managing the global brand strategy and marketing plan for multiple titles, either existing or in the pipeline.
* Working upstream: Working with games teams on new product development, including brand positioning, logos, names, narrative, target audience and feeding back on new game features.
* Campaign Management & Planning: Brief, define & deliver high impact brand campaigns across all consumer touch points, working across the marketing matrix to deliver a coordinated campaign. Management of the brand messaging calendar and delivering partner promotions where required.
* TV Production: create exceptional TV creative working with high calibre advertising agencies, leading the production process from brief to post-production with input from your line manager.
* Brand Tools: Own the development of brand books & brand positioning tools for new games.
* Developing stakeholder relationships with producers, game designers and art directors; you will be known by and comfortable speaking with studio heads.
* Insights: Commission and implement consumer learnings and insights to help inform our marketing strategies and communications.
* Analysis: Delivery of post-campaign analysis and ROI on individual brand campaigns
* Finance: Manage invoicing for your projects as regards agency partners.
* Agency Management: Manage creative agencies and other 3rd party suppliers.
Skills to create thrills
We'd love to find someone with a great passion for building brands in the digital environment and the ability to progress to a Senior Brand Manager in a couple of years. You're fun and friendly, have a very positive outlook and are hungry and eager to learn from others.
A strong level of gaming experience, though not a pre-requisite, would be highly beneficial. An avid interest or passion for games in this space is a minimum. The new games you'll be marketing will sit both in the mid-core (e.g. Action Role Play, strategy) and casual (e.g. puzzle) categories.
The role pulls together consumer insights and works with the games teams, the people who create the games, to help shape the product and develops global campaigns for new or existing brands. It's essential that you will be able to hold your own with games developers.
* We are looking for a candidate with experience in a Junior Brand Manager role with TV production experience and a strong online and creative background either in house or agency based.
* Experience of developing campaigns from scratch rather than adaptation for local markets (global vs. local) would be highly beneficial.
* Above the line marketing experience with significant budgets would be preferable.
* You will have a good grounding in online marketing techniques and PR and have a disciplined approach to brand management. You know what great marketing work looks like.
* You will put your consumer at the heart of everything you do: approaching all marketing projects with your audience in mind.
* You should have fabulous organizational and project planning skills as you will be will be managing multiple projects, liaising with internal and external partners, whilst ensuring timely and in-budget deliverables.
* Detail-oriented and hands-on, able to demonstrate experience in end-to-end delivery of campaigns and a willingness to get stuck in wherever needed.
* You will have good analytical skills and a robust understanding of marketing metrics.
* The role is based in our lovely London office and will require some overseas travel. So far the team has been to our offices in Barcelona, Berlin and Stockholm as well as being on set for TV ads in LA and meetings with our platform partners in San Francisco.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.