About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are looking for a talented Concept Artist to join our team working on an exciting new project at Splash Damage. Working closely with our Leads you will be tasked with developing ideas from the initial concept stages through to the polished production illustrations. You should be experienced in both designing and illustrating and you should have a strong understanding of fundamentals like form, function, perspective, light and design.
- Create high quality production concepts by painting in Photoshop
- Iterate on ideas using quick sketches and thumbnails
- Create clear communicative illustrations of finalized designs
- Work with the Art Director and Art Team to create and maintain high quality visual designs
- Collaborate with the design team to solve problems where art and design meet
Essential Skills and Experience
- Great artistic skills and demonstrable application of colour and light in painting
- Strong sense of design and composition and a good eye for detail and scale
- Ability to create functional designs
- Good communication ability to receive and provide clear feedback
- Passion for game development and working closely with other disciplines
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong traditional artistic skills
- A well rounded portfolio
- Good self-motivation and self-management skills
- Proficiency with 3D Software and Game Engines such as Unreal
- Experience working with, mentoring and managing junior artists
- Previously shipped video game titles
- Knowledge and experience of multiplayer games