Capcom Vancouver continues to develop new and exciting projects, and we’re growing in the process! With three unique projects in development, we’re recruiting smart, passionate and dedicated professionals to work with us on the next generation of video gaming
As the lighting artist, you will proactively work directly with the Art Director and Technical Art Director to drive the visual quality for the Characters and Environments on our AAA Action project. This will have you working directly through asset surfacing and lighting to help define a consistent, cohesive and richly believable world. You will work closely with lighters to ensure that the lighting brings out the most in the surfaces, both for characters and environments. You will also be responsible for working with tech-art and rendering to establish surface rendering parameters which ensure the game has a strong sense of believability. If you have a great eye for detail, understand the causes and consequences of surface weathering, appreciate how light travels across a material then please get in touch.
- Work directly with the Art Director to establish and maintain environment lighting direction for the project to accommodate visual mood as well as core gameplay.
- Ensure that lighting produced is to maximum quality through execution and critique.
- Establish and maintain surfacing and shading parameters in relation to environment lighting.
- Establish and maintain the environment lighting and shading pipeline and workflow.
- Work directly with the art team to troubleshoot lighting and shading issues if required.
- 5 - 8 years’ experience in lighting art.
- Game console development experience is preferred.
- Have shipped at least one AAA product.
- Experience with Maya or 3ds MAX.
- Diploma in art/related field, or equivalent experience.
DEMO REEL REQUIRED: Which must include a detailed breakdown your responsibilities and involvement on each project and why you made the visual choices/decisions you did. Your work should clearly demonstrate a range of lighting abilities with entire environments that you have created - not just props. Please include examples of textures used for surfacing - specular mask, diffuse, normal map etc.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Get creative. Take risks. Push the boundaries of gaming. Be a member of an awesome team. We’re looking for the best game-makers to help pioneer the future of our industry. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.