Game Designer GAMED01041
Vancouver, BC, CAN
Kabam designers are focused on making incredible experiences for millions of players (and counting!) Our Economy Designers understand how a game works as a service, taking it one step further and analyse how players behave. Diving deep into data, our Economy Designers identify and develop monetization strategies in the game economy context, working closely with our high-functioning LiveOps and Data teams. Consistent data-driven business-sense, you will also contribute to overall design, tuning and pricing to develop compelling games.
Sound like a match? Kabam is looking for Economy Designers to join us in delivering titles such as Marvel Contest of Champions and our recently released Transformers: Forged to Fight - 2017 Google Play Awards Winner for "Best Game". We've got some exciting new projects on the go too!
We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
Your day to day duties include:
- Collaborate with an extremely talented team of Engineers, Data Scientists, and LiveOps to create addictive, compelling player experiences that will delight users for years
- Provide input on the game’s vision and help champion that vision to other team members, by identifying potential sale drivers
- Design rules and parameters for features and systems
- Design, implement, tune, and balance game systems, economies, and progression, gathering feedback and adjusting design accordingly
- Create design docs, drawings, diagrams, flowcharts, and any other necessary documents to communicate design functionality and vision
- Continually iterate, balance and tune features and gameplay based on feedback from the game teams, user testing and the broader player community
- Defining the virtual products and their statistics with the development team, and understanding how each of them contributes to the game dynamics.
- Build free-to-play mobile games that the world loves to play
This is a position requiring a mix of strong economy and marketing knowledge with passion for analytical game design and the emerging free-to-play business model.
Your background includes:
- 3+ years experience as a Systems Designer, with a fluency in F2P. Economy design background is certainly an added bonus!
- Post-secondary education in Game Design, Economics, Mathematics, Marketing...or some kind of combinations
- Spreadsheet wizardry
- Thorough understanding and appreciation of game design. As a player, you have a deep understanding of build needs and emotions in the context of a game
- Incredibly analytical thinking with the ability to break problems down
- Market-knowledge that equips you with monetization strategies to improve performance in the game
- Passion for games on all existing formats: board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, gambling, all genres of videogames with special focus on MMOs and competitive games.
Interested? Tell us what you’re looking for - in your application, tell us what type of design you’re excited by - what games have influenced you?
Apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.