Game Data Analyst
Product Management GAMED01042
Vancouver, BC, CAN
You are a sharp, disciplined individual who has a passion for mobile games. Your experience helps to demonstrate your superior quantitative analytical skill and a scientific thought process. Your expertise paves the way for working with our game team to optimize every facet of player retention and monetization to ensure the continued success of our games. Large datasets are your playground and you can’t wait to join the fun!
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Data Analyst to join us in delivering titles such as Marvel Contest of Champions and the recently released Transformers: Forged to Fight. We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You will contribute by:
- Providing support to cross-functional teams across the organization to understand overall business goals, improve reporting, and assist with larger scale projects as needed.
- Finding answers to business questions via hands-on exploration of data sets using SQL, dashboards, statistical analysis, and data visualizations
- Generating and maintaining a suite of dashboards and reports for teams throughout the organization
- Creating and managing multiple A/B tests to gain valuable insights on KPIs including retention, acquisition, and monetization
- Measuring the success of product features after release and optimize their performance through rapid, data-driven iteration
- Aiding in task prioritization and general project management within the data team
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And that’s where you come in…
Your background includes:
- 2+ years of industry data analysis experience, with solid knowledge of statistical methods
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a STEM discipline
- Expert SQL skills and experience querying very large data sets
- Proven ability to thrive using multiple mixed, varied, and inconsistent data sources
- Fundamental knowledge of project management methodologies
- Comfort presenting complicated material to diverse audiences
To take things a level up, it would be nice to have:
- Experience with Google BigQuery, Tableau, JIRA and/or other project management software
- Experience working for a social or mobile game developer
- Understanding of game design concepts and principles
- MBA or Master’s Degree
Joining a team of highly-motivated individuals inquisitive spirits who are always searching for the answers to hard questions. With an inquisitive spirit, you will provide meaningful insights into how Kabam’s games operate and contribute to setting them up for continued success.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.