Python Data Engineer
SW Engineering PYTHO01044
Vancouver, BC, CAN
You enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment and working out interesting and complicated challenges. Working cross-functionally, you will partner with engineers, data scientists, and technical stakeholders to craft the best solutions to meet our business goals.
We are looking for a Python Data Engineer with a strong technical background to join us in delivering titles such as Marvel Contest of Champions and the recently released Transformers: Forged to Fight. We’ve also got some new projects on the go!
We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You will contribute by:
- Designing, implementing, debugging, documenting, testing, and maintaining code for data ingestion, storage, and consumption
- Developing user tools to access large datasets
- Analyzing system bottlenecks and propose solutions to optimize
- Helping implement machine learning algorithms
- Participating in code reviews to give and receive constructive criticism improving deliverables
- Designing and building scalable test framework for functional, integration, regression, and performance testing
- Ensuring data quality is delivered with active alerting and notifications for escalations
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And that’s where you come in…
Your background includes:
- 3+ years of experience with software engineering using Python
- SQL and NoSQL database experience
- ETL techniques and best practices to handle large data volumes in batch and streaming
- Experience with data warehouse architecture and data modeling best practices
- Cloud infrastructure devops to support deployment and data management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To take things a level up, it would be nice to have:
- Knowledge of infrastructure management on AWS and Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with BigQuery
- Experience with Python machine learning packages (sklearn, pandas, etc)
- Experience in social or mobile game development
Joining a team of highly-motivated individuals inquisitive spirits who are always searching for the answers to hard questions. With an inquisitive spirit, you will provide meaningful insights into how Kabam’s games operate and contribute to setting them up for continued success.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.