UX Design USERR01045
Vancouver, BC, CAN
You are a curious problem solver, who is keen to dive deeper into understanding the WHERE and WHY users behave the way they do. Kabam is looking for a User Researcher with the passion for understanding and evaluating the gaming experience.
As a naturally curious gamer, you aim to gain further in-depth knowledge on understanding user behaviours, needs, and motivations through observation techniques, tasks analysis, and other feedback methodologies. Working cross-functionally and in collaboration with the UX design team, Game design team, Community and Live Operations, you will enable the UX department in making data driven decisions to further invest in understanding our users and their behaviour.
Sound like a match? Join us in delivering titles such as Marvel Contest of Champions and our recently released Transformers Forged to Fight - 2017 Google Play Awards Winner for "Best Game". We've got some exciting new projects on the go too!
We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You will contribute by:
- Partnering with Game Design, UX Design, Live Operations teams within the studio to understand the products and design intent fully
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative studies, including prototype validation
- testing, usability interviews, surveys, and focus groups
- Conducting usability testing for features within the games
- Preparing and presenting findings and deliver final reports
- Developing strong relationships with all product teams
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Your background includes:
- 2+ years experience in a similar capacity, including direct User Experience
- Degree, diploma or equivalent schooling in a relevant field such as Cognitive Psychology, Communications Design, Human Computer Interaction or similar programs
- Expertise in qualitative user research and analysis methods
- Competency in quantitative user research and data analysis methods
- Strong understanding of best practices in User Experience Design
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, persuasiveness, and the ability to make group presentations
- Ability to act independently and switch between multiple projects
- Understanding or experience in game development process
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.