Game Designer QUEST01050
You find yourself dissecting level construction, encounter layouts, and reward systems. You’re highly intrigued by seeing how modifications you make to content change the “hows” and “whys” of player behaviour. You have a knack for storytelling and a passion for mobile games.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for Quest Designer to join us in delivering titles such as Marvel Contest of Champions and our recently released Transformers Forged to Fight. We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You will contribute by:
- Designing and implementing quests which create wonderful experiences for millions of players.
- Executing on a well defined vision and goals, combining knowledge of level design, encounter design, and economy design to create experiences that entertain, serve an economic function, and condition player behaviour.
- Creating a variety of unique content types to reach a varied set of in-game and analytical goals, using creative design solutions both to meet intended targets and create fun for players.
- Working with the data team to follow up on the performance of quest content, to see if intent and goals were met, and effectively make tuning changes to accommodate gained knowledge and hit future targets.
- Collaborating with multiple disciplines on content creation, leveraging a variety of skills from the whole team to bring your quest vision to completion.
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Your background includes:
- 1-2+ years of game design experience on commercially successful properties
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with an emphasis on game design
- Familiarity with RPG, BCG, and action genres on mobile, PC, console, and pen-and-paper platforms
- Considerable experience with Marvel Contest of Champions’ economy, gameplay and social features is a must! (aka, play the game!)
- Rock solid organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills, including documentation and presentation
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and related spreadsheet software
- A strong desire to make the best games in the world alongside others that share your motivation
- Narrative/Storytelling and Scripting skills a bonus!
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.