Game Content Writer
Product Marketing GAMEC01054
As a communicator-extraordinaire, you’re comfortable representing a well-defined brand through multiple platforms and have a knack for solving challenging communications issues with ease. You have a keen sense for the written word (finding the perfect word that causes people to take action excites you) and a proven ability to communicate across different media. You’re familiar with the intricacies involved in communicating via digital mediums, and can handle sticky situations in a diplomatic manner. You stay abreast of the latest communication trends and as a highly-motivated self-starter you hold yourself to high standards of performance to thrive in a collaborative and high-impact team. Reporting into the Director of Communications, this position will work out of the downtown Vancouver studio.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for Games Content Writer to join us in delivering titles such as Marvel Contest of Champions and our recently released Transformers Forged to Fight. We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
How you will contribute:
- Create best-in-class communication for our player base regarding upcoming launches, special offers, fun things within the game, etc., with a goal of increasing retention, connection and spend
- Own all content creation for in-game marketing. This includes message of the day, home screen blurbs, store offers, etc.
- Develop content for other online platforms, including building out articles, calendars and reference lists
- Assist and guide other departments in content creation as needed, including Games Team, UX, Community, etc.
- Search out and collect all information about upcoming events from various teams, create/manage a content calendar, and prioritize the most important information to disseminate
- Sit in on regular meetings and develop strong relationships with various teams (Games, LiveOps, Player Retention, Marketing, etc.) to ensure collaboration happens and that the right information is getting shared to players
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in communication, and provide recommendations to better shape our communications for the best possible player experience (including stylistic and technical improvements)
- Generate and disseminate regular and formalized reporting on performance and sentiment
- Copyedit as needed
- Support various other projects (both writing and non-writing) as needed
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Your background includes:
- A degree in Communications, English, or Marketing (or equivalent experience)
- 4+ years of experience in writing, ideally for customer bases. Experience in mobile or online communities, entertainment or games industry is strongly preferred.
- A strong background in both copywriting and content marketing
- A passion for grammar, spelling, style and the written word. You have an opinion on the Oxford Comma, and get a thrill in finding the exact words to convey your message.
- A strong understanding of integrated marketing communications, and experience writing on various channels (from long form, to 140 characters, to tag lines)
- A passion for gaming and a solid understanding of pop culture online communities
- Proven ability to produce high quality copy in a short timeframe with hard deadlines, yet flexibility in prioritization and scheduling
- Exceptional organizational skills – you can find something in a microsecond
- Proven experience in collaboration, brainstorming and building strong working relationships
- Customer focused and able to get inside people’s heads, understanding how to prompt them to take action
- The desire to create best in class communication, and the ability to mentor and lead fellow employees to do the same
- This role will include exposure to tools such as JIRA, Wordpress, Vanilla, Trello and a range of other internal systems. Experience in them is great, but it’s more important that you’re a fast learner.
- Complacency has no place in your vocabulary. You’re constantly growing and bringing new ideas to the table.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.